Thursday, July 31, 2008

New project?

I had a meeting today that I actually feared. Strange because I work with some really bad kids but I feared a women sitting at an office 10 minutes away.Go figure! I guess I feared her because her famous line was "don't mistake my kindness for weakness!" She really does put the fear of god in me but I would have her as back-up any day. Now I'm getting alittle too carried away, about this meeting I have been doing this program at work for 3 of my 4 years. I guess I'm too sucked up into it, I let it become me, I have become it. Basically I cried out of frustration and out of ok just frustration, I feel like I'm stuck in the same position and I'm not moving.The elevator isn't going past floor number 2 and it sucks. I feel like people who are less qualified are moving up and out and I let a project become me.which is now preventing me from doing anything. Well I had the other person involved in the meeting say I've cried at work too much and he wonders if I think that's strange?! All I can say is you try my job plus add on all the other crap! Then judge me! Well what came out of it was good, a few laughs and some clear lines. I know what I will and will not be responsiable for and I will be starting a few new projects. Plus getting to look for my own new project. This will help me keep my sanity and stop from feeling so stiffled. The big piece of advise I got was "work yourself out of a job." So maybe that's what I will do find a new passion, have fun and maybe I won't have so much of a love/hate relationship with my job.

No comments: