Thursday, July 17, 2008

Doctor vs Nurse Practitioner

Well I had a killer migraine again, for like the millionth time in my life and again I let it go 3 days too long. I guess my only blessing is that I have good insurance and a great nurse practitioner. You see I never see the doctor, he is nice enough but has zero bedside manner. He comes in asks what's wrong and then attempts to fix it to the best of his ability. If you need a shot like I usually do he sends the nurse in, see no bedside manner. In the grand scheme of things he still practices because the old people love him. Then there is Patrick, the worlds greatest nurse practitioner. He walks into a room, hugs me and tells me yet again I have waited 3 days to long to come in. At this point I'm in tears from pain and relief that I know he will finally fix this pain even if it's just this time. Patrick should teach a course in bedside manner, he is great, he warns when hands are cold and when lights will be bright. He gives his own shots and yes they are quick and painless unlike all the other people who can't seem to get it right and makes it feel like a dull, rusty needle. Doctors 0 Nurse Practitioners 1

1 comment:

PBandJ said...

I am sorry you get such bad migraines; someday they will get the medicine just right and it will not be an issue for you anymore. Until then, thank goodness for good NP's!