Sunday, August 31, 2008

Feeling better

So today I went to church and I forgot how much I missed it. I have not been in awhile because of my last schedule but now I'm back and ready to go. When I started going a lot about 10 months ago it fit into my schedule and then it did not work at all for my schedule so I stopped going for 4 months. I guess a lot has changed in me during that time. When I started going all those months ago I was really dedicated and on my game. I felt like I noticed a difference in my daily life, I was happier and felt like there was meaning and reason to get up each day. Heck my mother the none church goer noticed a difference when I was going and even said, " whatever you are doing there it works for you, just remember who you are!" I did just that I focused on me and my life with god in it. I decided that at this point in my life I needed just this. Well when my schedule change my world came crashing down and I had again to focus on my job and less on me and my relationship with god. So I guess this made me grumpy, frustrated and lacked guidance. All of which I could have received had I been at church and with the people who cared for me. A little back story, I was going to church on my own because this was a different church then my family church. I had however created strong ties to my new church family. Well with this new shift rotation I have received a blessing in its own right, I am now able to go back to church. So today I went and was able to spend time with people who even after 4 months remembered my name and cared that I was back. I walked in a knew that I once again was home, I felt it in the air, it wrapped tight around me holding me close and keeping me safe.
So today after 4 months I finally feel better.....

1 comment:

PBandJ said...

Going to church is what I miss the most! We have not been since Easter, and it makes me sad and frustrated. I just have to tell myself that God is with me, even if I am not with Him. I will get to go again someday...