Saturday, August 9, 2008

DATING...Why is it so hard?

I would like to understand why I have had such a bad or horrible streak in dating....I have literally tried everything. And I really mean everything blind dates, online dating, set-ups, you name it I have tried it and still no man. My friend Julie says I am way too picky and I need to lower my standards so. My phlosophy is "why have standards then?" am I right? I guess I do have so serious standards, I guess I have been hurt a few too many times, starting at a very young age. Again Julie in her wise drunk state aways tells me "I wont ever be happy because I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop." She is true on part of that, but she is doing the same thing. So she is really just the pot calling the kettle black. I just want to be happy, I need to find a guy that just gets me, who will put up with my strange moods because I would be more then willing to do the same. I have stories that would make most people laugh and some cry, a few would probably doubt that those things could ever happen to one person. I've dated guys with no manners, and that bearly lasted the date. I dated a married guy...no I did not know he was married until his wife called the day before my birthday. I was engaged once and caught him cheating. I broke up with a guy only to have KARMA smack me in the face 4 years later. I went out on a date with a guy who had 5 DUI's and wondered why I had a problem with it. I dated guys in the Air Force, National Guards and the Army, thought I would work my way around the armed forces. I dated a guy who thought he could control me...like that could happen! I dated a guy who played the piano over the phone until I fell asleep each night but religion got in the way...boy was he hot. I cant forget my best friend who I loved with all my heart but we never seemed to figure the timing out. What standards, do I really have any? Maybe sometime I will share these stories they are all so funny and so very sweet.

1 comment:

PBandJ said...

Men are like shoes: often cute, not always comfortable! However, sometimes they just need to be broken in; he will come, don't worry!!!