Saturday, October 18, 2008

Thanks for noticing!!!

So I worked my typical 8 hour shift on Saturday. Its a hard one because I usually have very little sleep (4hrs) and well its the weekend and I'm working. However we have a new supervisor and I'm try to make it easy on him, show him I know what I'm doing and that I'm a "team player". So he told me that we had very few core trained staff and with visiting and the programs we just need to sit on the kids (not literally). So to help out my team I worked on all the laundry, set up visits and basically did what was asked, well at the end of my shift I got my reward. The new supervisor came upstairs and said that he really appreciated all that I did and how much I stepped up to help him out. He stated that we work so well as a team on this Saturday afternoon shift, he wished he could get the rest of his week to run as smooth. That felt good especially after being told that I was not a "teamplayer" guess it really is in the eye of the beholder.

2 comments:

Never give up said...

It's kinda nice to be recognized for your efforts once in awhile. Unfortunately, in this field, administration expects us to just do our job and the recognition for going above and beyond is few and far between. As always, I think you do a great job everyday!

PBandJ said...

I miss working with you, and I know you do your best! Schmidt's right to say we do not get lots of recognition and are expected to be OK with that, but it is frustrating. As long as you come to work and do something you are ahead of some!