Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve!!!

Here are a few of my favorite things about the Christmas season...

1. The movie Love Actually, I can and do watch it year around even if its on TV. Tis the season for telling people that you love them.
2. Grandma's cornbread dressing a lot like stuffing but goes nowhere near the silly bird.
3. My whole family getting together in a really small house, we seemed to have out grown it years ago but we continue to fill it with love and lots of laughter.
4. My favorite Christmas gift ever goes to a tie, a Cabbage Patch kid I got when I was 5 and a 35mm camera. My mom waited in line for hours and paid an ungodly amount for it. The camera I got from an ex-boyfriend right before the brake up. Yes I still have both.
5. Best memory wow do I have a lot of those... Spending Christmas with my whole family every year. The house stayed the same but the family seemed to get way bigger. My cousin Denver playing the Grinch, and waltzing us around the room while my grandfather played the piano or guitar.
6. Best tradition. My dad always buys me a hallmark ornament every year from the time I was born. That's a lot of ornaments that doesn't include to 3 ornament swaps I've been to that gave me 90 hand made ornaments. I have boxes of those silly things. I love the way a tree looks with rustic ornaments.
7. I really don't like getting gifts I would much rather give them. Isn't that what Christmas is all about.
8.My favorite Christmas song is also a tie, "Joy to the World" and "Silent Night" especial when played by someone in my family. They are all musical it skipped me completely. Oh well, I'm crafty and they aren't nenner nenner nenner!!!!
9. My most favorite tradition is driving around looking at all the crazy lights. Oh and you can't forget the local parade of lights, love it.

So I told you mine, now what are your favorite things?

No comments: